Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Holidays

For many years, holidays, they felt more like HELL-I-DAYS.  Why?  Simple.  They would be out of the typical routine.  Whenever they had a break from school, then they would cry and scream at the door when the bus didn't come and it went downhill from there.  As they got older, they saw traditions that we did each year  for each different holiday, and it helped to have the consistency for the holidays so they would know what to expect.  They don't like their schedules messed up.  Now, add traveling in there....everything in their world is whacked.  They let you know how they feel.  This probably explains why I don't travel often because they are so out of control the whole time we are on vacation that we don't get to relax, or visit with loved ones, and we are even more stressed.  For many years, I did NOT enjoy and actually dreaded the holidays because I knew it was coming....and sure enough...it did.  It is all about structure, structure, structure!  This post does not get into the details....but maybe someday, I will relive one of my experiences for you...just so you can get a glimpse.  Trust me...it won't be pretty!!!