Thursday, October 13, 2011

Travel

We have attempted to be like other families, we have planned vacations.  In the end, we come back feeling more stressed than when we left or needing a "vacation from our vacation".  For this fact, it has not been appealing to me to attempt it "often".  I have such adventuresome spirit, that I want to see the world.  I soon learned that my boys do not share the same enthusiasm as I do.  Basically, they don't like their "routine" interrupted.  There is no place like home.  To be honest, it is really difficult to set up hotels and other people's home that offer us to stay with them to be just like we do have it at home to ensure their safety.  At home, I have a chimer on all the doors for example, that helps me keep track of the kids.  I have one kid that likes to wander off and explore but he does not understand community safety rules like "don't talk to strangers", so I have to keep very close tabs on him.  Even though we have tried to teach him to stay with his parents and follow safety protocol, he still does not "get it".  He has gone missing several times and I have thanked the angels who have watched over him till I found him.  A few of those times, it was when we were on vacation.  We struggle to travel.  We are very thankful for those willing to come visit us because over the years it has been hard for me to see loved ones that are long distance. 


I do however like to travel so much that I have settled for LOTS and LOTS of field trips.  We don't go far from home and we see what we see in our own state.  We enjoy what we have around us.  I find that a whole lot easier and it helps us to get out of the house and enjoy our surroundings.