Friday, February 17, 2012

Lovin' It

My husband reminded me something....my oldest child, my first autie, he was about three or four years old....and he really loved McDonalds.  In the placed we lived, all the major roads went past one.  Soon, I had to go out of the normal routes, to find roads where one could not be found to my destinations because every time he saw one he had a full explosive meltdown if we didn't stop there.  Seriously!  We didn't have the money to stop every time he wanted. 

In this time frame, we went on vacation.  We were driving in the middle of a desert for pete's sake and we hear him hum the television slogan for mickey dees "bah, bah, bum, bum, bum....I am lovin it!  and we were like, "what?"  because normally he does not do that unless he has seen the advertising, the restaurant itself, or a tv commerical.  We knew the melt down was coming because there was NO WAY in the middle of a desert we could fulfill that request!!!  Several minutes later, a semi truck passes by us and we see it is a Mcdonalds supply truck....UGH....are you kidding me? 

We got lucky, he didn't make an issue out of it, but normally he would have.  I mean that would have been five hundred miles of sure torture for us parents.  Trust me, he would have tantrum-ed that long.  And no, I am not exaggerating.  I wish!